[BEWARE] If it’s too good to be true, it probably is.
Hi friends! Welcome back ~
So, I’m pretty sure many of you have already read my k-beauty shopping tips post. I suppose this is a continuation to that.
I found this seller on my recommended ebay feed and the first thing I noticed was the price for the Skin79 was quite low.
Here are several reasons to be aware of and why I believe this seller is a fraud:
- Products he/she selling is irrelevant to K-beauty or any sort of beauty related product
- BE VERY careful of the item location, notice it says “Seoul, Korea”, while the other items are listed “China”
- The seller is based off another country – it IS possible that they are reseller who is selling FRAUD products
- Be sure to check seller rep by the star beside their username and always check the feedback ratings
- That extremely sketchy description gives it away “red/gold bucket”… who writes that? LOL you mean… bottles??
- Sellers that sell counterfeit products will always use very specific terminology and key words such as “HIGH QUALITY, 100%, REAL, (BRAND) NEW, CHEAP, AFFORDABLE, GREAT VALUE and etc”, there will be sellers who like to live on the edge and even try to write “AUTHENTIC” – this is the most effective way to trick consumers in believing it is the real deal
- Even if you ask whether it’s authentic or not, most will play it off as it is. If you don’t believe me, see sites like aliexpress, alibaba, wish and etc and read their choices of wording the product’s description
- Always take cautions purchasing on Ebay. This is quite concerning to see that 44 of these potentially fake bottles were sold to people.
- Your skin is more important than getting a good bargain on a fake. Your skin over a cheap price tag + it potentially being counterfeit!Counterfeit makeup can potentially do a lot of harm to not only your skin but your overall health. You and I both do not know what these unauthorized factories are doing behind closed doors, nor have these products were FDA approved.
Please do your research on counterfeit makeup if you have not already.
Here is a list of website links to articles on dangers of counterfeit makeup:
1. 13 Terrifying Dangers Of Counterfeit Makeup
2. CBC – Counterfeit May Pose As Risk
3. Health Line
- Other additional things you can do whether you are purchasing on ebay or not is to always ask the seller to provide clear images of all angles of the product and also to show proof of purchase
- Click here to see the differences: Skin79 Counterfeit vs Authentic
Until next time, friends.
Hope this helped, I’m looking into doing a series for this. What do you think?