[REVIEW] Klairs Unscented Supple Preparation Toner
Hello dear friends, Merry Christmas to you all!
I know it has been an insane week for us all and I’m sure you still have some holiday stress since we have the new year not far from here. I came on here to share this toner I received through Wishtrend in exchange for an honest review. I have tried the original Klairs Supple Preparation Toner a while back but it was not compatible with my skin and I was fortunate enough to get the opportunity to try this wonderful toner out.
My skin type: Combination-Dehydrated, Acne Prone
Available on: Wishtrend | Amazon | Mikela Beauty | SokoGlam
*bold italics – ingredients that stood out to me
Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Dimethyl Sulfone, Betaine, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Natto Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Disodium EDTA, Centella Asiatica Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Polyquaternium-51, Chlorphenesin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carbomer, Panthenol, Arginine, Luffa Cylindrica Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Beta-Glucan, Althaea Rosea Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Portulaca, Oleracea Extract, Lysine HCL, Proline, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Acetyl Methionine, Theanine, Copper Tripeptide-1
- Natto gum is fermented product of soy protein and is potent with antioxidants.
- Centella Asiactica is a plant-based ingredient that has multiple healing properties. The extract is rich with amino acids, fatty acids and etc that can help treat and prevent acne, calming down skin inflammation and promote collagen growth.
- Licorice Root is effective in improving the appearance of skin by evening it out, it’s also potent in antioxidants and has skin soothing properties.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract is an antiseptic and a moisturizer. Aloe is known to soothem act against inflammation and is clinically proven to heal burns, wounds and scars.
- Beta Glucan is a polysaccharide sugar derived from yeasts/oats. It has skin soothing and some antioxidant properties that are fantastic to improve the skin’s appearance by reducing redness and any signs of inflammation.
TIP: If you have an inflamed and dehydrated face, soak this toner in cotton squares/pads and apply onto face. Leave it on for 15 minutes before applying skincare routine. Before removing cottons, be sure to massage the remaining excess toner on face.
I often rotate through many toners and this toner is on my top three I would like to travel with because it’s perfect for my skin. It’s lightweight, easy to absorb onto my skin, does not alter my skincare products and easy to control – where you don’t waste any product because of it’s packaging. I was shocked by the consistency differences from the original and the unscented. Firstly, the original toner was formulated with essential oils and was very dense/thick in formula. When applied onto my skin, it feel like it would take forever for my skin to absorb the toner into my skin. It was quite unfortunate but I’m glad Klairs cared about their customers and heard them out to formulate this toner. I always appreciate it when companies hear their supporters out. I’m guilty for skipping my 8 step skincare regimen some nights so I would just double cleanse, apply this toner on my face or soak it in cottons as use it as a mask then go in with my moisturizer/sleeping pack of choice. Sometimes less is more and when my skin has outbreaks, I can’t really do my regular regimen without it getting all itchy. This product has 4 of my favourite ingredients that provide calming and soothing benefits for my skin.
- Texture: 5/5 – In the bottle, it looks like it would be on the slightly thick side of toners but it really isn’t. It’s very lightweight and spreadable. It’s very easy to layer with other products on-top. It’s also fantastic for makeup prep and does not alter or effect the appearance of the makeup applied on-top + provides an extra boost of hydration onto the skin.
- Scent: 5/5 – Because this product is unscented, do keep in mind it will smell like the natural ingredients in it. The scent is very light and doesn’t bother me.
- Price: 5/5 – I think the price is quite reasonable and affordable for those who are on a budget. It’s a very nice toner and be an excellent addition to collections.
- Performance: 5/5 – I’ve used this toner 3-4 times every week and I find it’s perfect for me skin in all conditions. My skin often gets easily dehydrated and very cracky during the winter seasons. As many of you may know, Canadian winters can be very harsh and my skincare options are VERY limited. I get seasonal eczema so my skin not only is dry but is extremely itchy; I can’t use a lot of products on my face during this state. I had a “skin outbreak” not too long ago and I used this toner on my face during the healing process along with my trusty cerave moisturizing toner. It truly worked wonders and my skin healed within 4-5 days.
- Packaging: 5/5 – Packaging is practical, simple but easy to read. Even if you don’t bother reading the paragraph on the front label, it does state at the bottom in bold “essential oil-free, balances pH level, deep moisturizing and cleanses and soothes”. Easy to use and stopper on the bottle is easy to control – you don’t ever need to worry about pouring out more than you need.
- Overall: 5/5 – I’m pleased with this toner and would recommend this to all everyone of all skin types, especially to those who are acne prone and have seasonal eczema because this is effective for soothing the skin. It’s budget friendly, effective, a little goes a long way and easy to control/use. I was very disappointed and wanted the original toner with Essential oils to work out for my skin because I genuinely did love the scent to it. This toner did not give me any issues and my skin drank it up without having any issues. If you don’t have sensitive skin and essential oils are not irritating to your skin, please try feel free to try out the Klairs Original Supple Preparation Toner.
That’s it for today, friends. Wishing you a fantastic holidays and cheers to clearer skin days!
Disclaimer: I was given this product in exchange for an honest review. All views and thoughts of this product are my own. What may work for me, may not work for you so please keep that in mind.