Hello friends! It has been a long while since my last blog post and I have been quite occupied with life along with my struggles of protecting my moisture barrier. Luckily for me, winter in Canada is almost all over. I wanted to share a product I have been using for almost 2 months behind the scenes. I received this cream back in early February and wanted to give this cream some time to see results.
My skin type:
My skin type is combination (oily t-zone, dry cheeks), congested, dehydrated and somewhat sensitive.
This cream was designed to firm skin barrier, recover damage skin, soothe, provides scar and pore care. It has a high potency is Centella Asiatic content (700,000ppm) and enriched 4 kinds of cica extracts (Asiatic acid, Madecassic acid, Asiatic acid, Madecassoside) to protect damaged skin barrier. There is also tea tree leaf extract (anti-oxidant), adenosine (wrinkle-care) and niacinamide (whitening/brightening).
What is AHA, BHA, and PHA?
Before we talk about the ingredients and the product breakdown, I want to share a break down of what AHA, BHA, PHA are because I know they can get confusing and even myself get them mixed up.
AHAs are used to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation – dark spots, scars, enlarged pores and uneven skin tone. This is excellent for penetrating deeply into the skin and removing excess dead skin cells and surfacing the skin. You may have seen them in your skincare’s ingredients before. A very common one is Glycolic acid; this acid is derived from fruit extracts and even sugar cane. Another AHA is Lactic acid and unlike most AHAs that are derived from fruits, this one is made from lactose in milk. It’s also known to reduce the effects of aging. Whatever kind you decide to use, please be advised to wear sunscreen every day to prevent age spots, skin irritation, and burns.
BHAs are meant to be applied a few times during the week until your skin adapts to its effects. BHAs do not sensitize the skin like AHAs do but please be sure to wear sunscreen every day to prevent any further sun damage. A very common BHA that you may already use in your skincare routine is Salicylic acid. This is a common ingredient used to treat acne and also calm skin’s redness and inflammation. This is more suited for oilier skin types.
PHAs are quite similar to AHAs however they are much milder. This is usually for those who have more sensitive skin types who can tolerate neither AHAs and BHAs and is an exceptional alternative. PHAs can help smooth and resurface the skin without any skin irritation.
Centella Asiatica Extract (Cica): is a plant-based ingredient that has multiple healing properties. The extract is rich with amino acids, fatty acids and etc that can help treat and prevent acne, calming down skin inflammation and promote collagen growth.
Niacinamide: ability to stabilize and tighten your skin barrier + visibly shrinks the appearance of pores and diminishes skin dullness.
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract is an antiseptic and a moisturizer. Aloe is known to soothe act against inflammation and is clinically proven to heal burns, wounds, and scars.
Madecassic acid is an antioxidant and helps replenish the skin’s surface.
Ceramide: are lipids that assist and protect skin barrier by retaining skin moisture and they protect the skin from any environmental irritants. They can also improve the look and feel of dry skin instantaneously. *amazing for winter*
Full list of ingredients:
Centella Asiatica Extract (70.8%), Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Water, Niacinamide, Caprylic/Capric Trigyceride, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Maleleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Extract (10000ppm), Cholesteryl/ Behenyl/ Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Coccinia Indica Fruit Extract, Solanum Melongena (Eggplant) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Ocimum Sanctum Leaf Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Camellia Sinesis Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender Extract), Rosemary Extract, Origanum Vulgare Flower/ Leaf/ Stem/ Extract, Thymus Vulgaris Extract, Fructan, Albatrellus Ovinus Extract, Willow Bark Extract, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Lentil Seed Extract, Witch Hazel Extract, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Coptis Japonica Extract, Saccharide Isomerate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Propanediol, Betaine, Allantoin, Madecassoside, Madecassi Acid, Asiaticoside, Asiatic Acid, Adenosine, Ceramide NP, Oleanolic Acid, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid (100ppm), Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Polygryceryl-3 Methyglucose Distearate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lactobionic Acid(100ppm), Citric Acid(11ppm), Ammonium Acryloyldimenthyltaurate/VP Copolymer, 1-2 Hexanediol, Benzyl Glycol, Ethylhexyglycerin, Raspberry Ketone, Disodium EDTA, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) oil.
The first thing I noticed about this product’s ingredients was that the first ingredient listed is Centella Asiatica Extract. This means the potency of this ingredient is very concentrated. I swear by this ingredient and use this on a regular daily basis – it’s one of my favourites for countering skin irritation and redness. I see a huge significant difference when using products with this specific ingredient. The texture of this cream is a gel and has a very pleasant cica, fresh scent to it. The moment I applied this onto my skin, it instantly felt hydrated, moisturized and cool! I did not refrigerate this product but if I did, I bet it would be even more cooling. I noticed the appearance of my skin looked brighter and more even after using this cream.
- Texture: 5/5 – I love gel creams, they’re not ideal for me during winter but I’ve been using a lot more facial oils on my skin so it all works out. I am very thankful to know this cream does not pill nor is it sticky. It absorbs seamlessly into my skin without any issues.
- Scent: 5/5 – There is a light cica scent to it and I absolutely adore it! If you’ve ever smelled cica products, they smell very pleasant to them.
- Price: 5/5 – This is pretty affordable for cream and will last you a while before you need a replenishment. It’s a lot more affordable many resurfacing creams in the market and would highly recommend you to give this a try.
- Performance: 4/5 – Absolutely fantastic! My skin definitely has improved from what it looked like since early February to today. It’s less textured and way brighter looking. My skin was going through multiple phases during winter and it was never consistent but I found myself reaching for this cream a lot as night care to resurface and restore my skin. The following morning after using this cream, my skin is soft to the touch and quite radiant! I have this healthy glow to my face. I also used this during when I had a few active breakouts and almost immediately after I applied this cream on, it had this amazing soothing sensation to it. After maybe about 3-4 consistent uses every night, my breakouts were practically diminished and no longer inflamed!
- Packaging: 5/5 – Practical and easy to use. I prefer jar packaging over tubes because tubes are such a pain to get the excess product out when you’re almost done using it.
- Overall: 4/5 – This product is a beautiful product and definitely worth a shot trying. I find this is an effective cream and budget-friendly because it will last you a long time and user-friendly. Anyone who struggles with uneven skin or acne-prone skin really should try this product out. It’s quite mild and does the job for a reasonable price! I would definitely repurchase this along with their toner from this line! Alright, the reason why I jotted off 1 mark is that the name “miracle”. Yes, this is an effective product however there really isn’t a product out there that is a one-stop shop that will solve all of your skin care issues. Everyone has different skin concerns and we need to keep that in mind. You as the individual, need to be able to take care of your skin and be consistent with your routine. With consistency, you will see results! Overall, I would highly recommend this for you guys to give this a try if you have similar skin concerns like I do.
I hope this review helped you out on whether you would be interested in this cream, thank you for dropping by and have yourself a fantastic day!
This product was kindly gifted to me in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts are my own.