[REVIEW] Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream
Good Morning, friends! Today I will be sharing one of the most incredible discoveries I have found in my skincare journey. I was first introduced to this cream back in late 2017 by my dear friend – Sharon. She kindly sent over a sample of the product and I was instantly hooked to it! This is actually my 2nd tube of it and was kindly gifted to through Meibe Korea for me to do a review for you!
Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream ~ 50ml for $60 CDN/ $45 USD
Available on: Amazon (available for Prime)
What is it?
This is a moisturizing cream formulated with 5 types of ceramides that help strengthen and protect the skin from water and moisture loss.
Ceramides are lipids that assist and protect skin barrier by retaining skin moisture and they protect the skin from any environmental irritants. They can also improve the look and feel of dry skin instantaneously.
I personally adore this cream and will continue to repurchase it. I do prefer this version over the original one they released with the pale yellow packaging; they removed a lot of the unnecessary filler ingredients such as silicones so it absorbs more easily into the skin rather than just filming a thick film layer on top of the skin.
There are a lot of ceramide creams in the market to choose from so if this is not within your price range, you can always try drugstore ones. My favourite ceramide based cream from the drugstore is the Cerave Moisturizing Cream.
The one thing that kind of confuses me is the claims of this being suitable for sensitive skin; there is bergamot oil (essential oil) in this and although it is on the lower dosage in the ingredients. Please be aware that there is essential oil in this product; Essential oils can be irritating to the skin in some people and may even cause redness to the skin. I believe this cream would perform best on most skin types but most certainly not all – dry, combination and oily.
- Texture: 5/5 – This has a dense texture to it but spreads and applies beautifully into the skin once your fingers touch it. It creates this beautiful smooth film on top of the skin when first applied and leaves the skin feeling so moisturized and nourished. My skin feels so soft the following morning every time I use this. There is a soft, very light brown hue to the cream so don’t be alarmed if you see that. Initially, when I used the cream I assumed it would be a white colored cream for some reason and was concerned mine may have gone bad. Turns out it’s how the cream is supposed to look like.
- Scent: 5/5 – I absolutely adore the smell of bergamot and am not sensitive to it so it works for me. I would like to warn sensitive skin users, to be aware that there are essential oils in this so I would highly suggest you to do a patch test prior to applying this directly onto your face and this applies for all beauty products. The last thing you want is a negative reaction.
- Price: 3/5 – Price is a bit ridiculous for what it is however if you have the budget to splurge on this fantastic cream, go for it. Sephora has two sales every year and usually, it’s between 15% – 20%, I would suggest you purchase this cream during that time. eBay also has a lot of South Korean based sellers who may sell this cream for a fraction of the cost. Otherwise, you can always try cheaper alternatives.
- Performance: 4/5 – Works wonders, leaves my skin feeling like SILK the following day and protected. Winter in Canada is extremely brutal and I really relied on ceramide based products and facial oils to nourish, moisturize and repair my skin. This definitely did the job.
- Packaging: 5/5 – The packaging for this is quite clever. Although I do prefer creams in tubs, this tube comes with a clip that allows you to squeeze every last bit of the product. I find tube products are very difficult to remove the last little bit of product in them so I’m glad they included this useful clip.
- Overall: 4/5 – I would recommend this for anyone who’s open to trying this cream out because it’s a fantastic cream and has really done a superb job protecting my skin all fall and winter long. It definitely stood by its claims and I will continue to repurchase this as long as it’s available.
Well, that’s it for today, friends! Please feel free to comment below if you have any questions about this or you have any products you are curious about having try and review! Have yourself a fantastic week.
*Some links on this post may be affiliate links – I make a small commission per each sale and this supports me to be able to run my blog and to purchase the products you want me to review.