Hello, dear friends! Welcome back to another blog post~ This week’s product review is a product I have been using for 2 months now. Please do not be deceived by the image’s usage because I always take my photo prior to using the product. Who doesn’t love looking at a fresh product? This week’s product is a bit different and unique because I don’t really own anything like this.
Mamonde has a lot of unique products in their skincare and beauty line. There’s a wide range of products to choose from and they have a line for every skin type!
This product was kindly gifted to me from Jolse , in exchange for an honest review. Jolse is one of the most reputable online stores and known for their fantastic discounts, sales and also try-me events. They have a fantastic range of products to choose from along with FREE international delivery. The prices cannot be beaten and they hold one of the most fantastic sale events. Be sure to subscribe to their newsletter and bookmark their website to check for new updates on what deals they have for the week. I’m also a huge mask hoarder and always check out their mask value sets.
My skin type:
My skin type is combination (oily t-zone, dry cheeks), congested, dehydrated and somewhat sensitive.
Alright, let’s hop on to the product details and what it is shall we?
What is it?
This product is a facial essence. The purpose of having a facial essence in a routine is to prep the skin by beginning the process of cell reproduction. It assists shedding old skin and revealing new skin for an improved and radiant appearance.
This essence is packed with vitamin capsules that evenly distribute and cures dull and dehydrated skin. Its main features are being formulated with bitter orange flower, 7-vitamin complex (Bitter Orange Flower + 6 vitamins necessary to replenish and hydrate the skin), vitamin capsules packed with antioxidants and protect moisture barrier.
The 6 vitamins are B3, B5, C, E, F, and P.
B3 (nicotinamide) and B5 (pantothenic acid) are fantastic for softening the skin, improves the appearance of enlarged pores, uneven skin tone, dullness, and weak skin surface
Vitamin C is one of the most popular ingredients in skin care and known for brightening the skin. It also may be used to combat against acne, reduces the appearance of wrinkles and reduces skin inflammation.
Vitamin E is an antioxidant and effective for soothing skin burns and also diminishing the appearance of scars. It also can combat the effects of toxins in the environment.
Vitamin F is also known as linoleic acid. Linoleic Acid is able to strengthen the skin’s protective barrier and provides moisturizing and soothing benefits.
Vitamin P plays a role in supporting and enhancing the effects of Vitamin C. It helps to repair and renews the skin.
- Texture: 5/5 – I adore it! I love anything that is in a gel consistency and spreads nicely onto the skin without leaving any sticky residue behind.
- Scent: 5/5 – There really isn’t much of a scent for this. Maybe there are a tiny bit of citrus notes but I barely smell anything from this product. I do appreciate and enjoy citrus scents but unscented things are fine with me as well.
- Price: 5/5 – Price is pretty good for the amount that you get! You get 100ml of product, a dispenser that is easy to control the amount of product that comes out. Jolse always has one of the best deals going on so I would highly suggest you head over there and see what deals they have this week.
- Performance: 3.5/5 – I did enjoy the capsules breaking and disappearing into my skin; the last thing I want is to have random specks of capsule pieces of my face that did not break down evenly or properly.
It was okay, it was moisturizing, however, I did not notice any major brightening results from this. It is marketed to allow makeup to sit better on the skin, diminishes the appearance of dehydrated skin and naturally brightens dull skin. I mean, I chose this essence specifically for brightening purposes because whenever I see the keywords: Vitamin C, Orange, Lemon/Lime, I quickly assume it’s for brightening. If you’re looking for a brightening product, I would highly recommend the Klairs Vitamin Drop Serum . If you’re curious to see my results, please check out my Instagram post where I share a review and before+after shots on the product.
- Packaging: 3/5 – A tiny bit hard to read the writing from afar and hard to identify what exactly it is but it is gorgeous. I was actually hoping this would be a glass bottle for aesthetics and give it that luxurious appearance to it. The pump works nicely and gets the capsules out. I’ve seen a lot of capsule-based products pump not pumping out the capsules from the bottle but this does.
- Overall: 3.5/5 – I like it but not enough to repurchase this and this bottle would probably last me a while anyway. Don’t get me wrong – it was a great product and gave me no irritation or negative reactions, however, the search for a brightening essence will continue. I still very much love Mamonde products and I would recommend you to try this if you’re looking for something that provides extra moisturization to the skin.
*Some links on this post are affiliate links. This means that I will earn a small commission if you purchase from these links.