Hello friends, I hope you all had a fantastic start to your week. I wanted to come on here and share another beautiful tone-up cream that I have been using this past month or so. Firstly, can we just take a moment to appreciate the aesthetics of this gorgeous packaging? It’s bright and has a lovely clean design. If you are following me on Instagram, you probably already know I have an addiction to collecting capsule based products. The primary reason why I like them so much is the appearance (of course) and secondly how amazing the concept is. Special ingredients are stored in these capsules and disperse when you spread it on your skin. I don’t know about you but I find it really makes the product more fun!
This product was kindly gifted to me through Beauty Box Korea. They are an online based K-Beauty shop and sell a wide range of products from skincare, beauty, household products, and even jewelry. I highly recommend you to head over there and check them out. You will not be disappointed with what they have to offer. Most of the time when I’m looking for the new K-Beauty releases, I usually check there first!
Available on: Beauty Box Korea | Amazon
The ingredient list appears to be quite mild for the most part; there is a big range of hydrating ingredients such as glycerin, betaine, green tea extract and etc. Niacinamide is on the top set of the ingredients and that is perfect for skin brightening. I was quite surprised that there were anti-inflammatory ingredients such as Centella Asiatica and Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract. Both of these are fantastic for soothing and calming down skin inflammation. On the packaging, it does not state the amount of SPF in this however there is titanium dioxide in this; which is used as pigment but also an active ingredient in sunscreen that can protect against the sun’s UV rays.
*I highly recommend you all to always check the ingredients prior to purchasing anything and be sure to do swatch tests on your wrists because you just do not want to risk a negative skin reaction, especially on your face.
- Texture: 5/5 – This is a really lovely capsule based gel cream – the consistency is almost weightless and the capsules inside are very soft to the touch; making it very easy to spread and for them to disperse evenly into the skin.
- Scent: 5/5 –The scent is a clean, floral scent. It’s soft and eventually does fade away so for those who dislike lingering and strong scents, this is definitely a nice tone-up cream to try.
- Price: 5/5 – I think it’s a reasonable amount to charge for a tone up cream. Sure, there are many more affordable tone-up creams out there but it honestly varies on your budget at the end of the day. You’re paying for the beautiful packaging and I personally believe this cream will last you a while before you need replenishment of it. You only really need a pea size everything you apply this on your face. The real question consumers should ask themselves prior to purchasing a product is “how much use will get out from this?” and “how often will I use this?”; This applies for everything.
- Performance: 4/5 – The longevity of this product will vary between 5-8 hours of wear. Be sure to blot your makeup periodically otherwise it will start to separate your makeup. I would not recommend this as an overall body tone-up cream simply because it wears off quite easily and does not really last through multiple hand washes. I would say it would last through 1-2 hand washes before it’s completely gone. As for my face, it lasted for a while and it did a fantastic job holding my makeup and also creating an even, brighter looking complexion.
- Packaging: 5/5 – BEAUTIFUL! I always will appreciate gorgeous packaging and you guys already know I really appreciate the science and appearance behind these capsule based type of products because they’re innovative, advanced and aesthetically pleasing to look at.
- Overall: 4/5 – It’s a neat concept and product. I would recommend this for those who are looking for a product that specifically can brighten up their skin tone by a foundation shade. When using this product, please ensure you apply sunscreen prior to application because you will still need your daily SPF protection. It’s extremely important to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. This product did not break me out however I would highly recommend you to do your research on ingredients prior to purchasing and using things like this and this applies to all products. Not everyone’s skin type is alike so it’s better to be safe than sorry. Overall, I did very much enjoy this and will continue to use this.
This product was kindly gifted to me in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts are my own.
You must be logged in to post a comment.