I’m sure most of us know what eye creams, eye patches, and eye masks are and some of us use them but have you ever heard of an eye sleeping mask before? Laneige is well known for its sleeping skincare range. They already have their original sleeping mask, lip sleeping mask and now… eye sleeping mask!
Now that it’s springtime where I am, my eyes are heavily itchy and irritated from all the pollen in the air and my sleeping patterns are not exactly the greatest (but I’m working on it, ok?) so I definitely was intrigued by this product. Thank you so much to the Jolse team for gifting me this product to try out and review. Please be sure to check out their online store for fantastic deals and products. Their mega deals have products that start at 50 cents and also, they offer free shipping worldwide.
This is the very first ever leave-on eye mask that can provide deep hydration throughout the night, depuff and soothe fatigue eyes. It’s cooling ceramic massage applicator allows you to control and target specific areas on the eyes and for even application. Laneige created an eye moisture wrap technology that helps treat, soothe and maintain long-lasting and deep hydration while you sleep.
This product is free of parabens and phthalates, dermatologist tested and LANEIGE does not test ingredients or products on animals.
Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Dimethicone, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hesperidin, Caffeine, Beta-Glucan, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Magnesium Sulfate, Calcium Chloride, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Adenosine, Triethylhexanoin, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Propanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Peg-14m, Disodium Edta, Fragrance.
- Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract is a fermented ingredient that allows absorption into the skin. It’s also known as “baker’s yeast”.
- Caffeine has fantastic soothing and antioxidant properties that can temporarily depuff the eyes, reduce the appearance of dark circles and tighten the skin.
- Adenosine is yeast derived and has proven anti-wrinkle benefits due to its ability to energize the skin’s surface so it looks smoother and younger.
- Ascorbyl Glucoside is a stable form of Vitamin C combined with glucose (sugar). It provides antioxidant and skin replenishing benefits.
My Skin Type and concerns:
Combination | PIE | Congested | Dehydrated | (Occasionally) Sensitive
Initially, I found the applicator really chunky at first when I pulled it out of the container, however, as I used it more and more I got used to it. I also did not understand why the product was in this kind of container because how exactly do you even get the product at the very bottom out? I know I have not reached the bottom yet but these are several concerns I noticed right off the right that I want you all to keep in mind.
- Texture: 5/5 – This is the original sleeping mask’s sister but a more lightweight feeling. I would describe this texture like a water-based gel and it spreads really nicely on the skin. You will notice that it will dry up into a slightly tacky consistency but it’s not uncomfortable and if you layer your skincare products on top, you’re likely to not even feel it.
- Scent: 4/5 – No scent. Even though it says there is fragrance at the very bottom of the ingredient list, I do not smell anything. Which is nice because I find my eye area quite sensitive and I’m not going to take my chances applying products that have fragrance (irritant) under it. I’m also very milia-prone under the eyes so I have to take precautions using any sort of eye product.
- Price: 3/5 – Price will vary where you purchase this from however I found it relatively expensive at Sephora. If you’re interested in trying this, I would recommend you to purchase it off Jolse because it’s a fantastic k-beauty shop and everything is a lot more affordable than most retailers!
Performance: 5/5 – It was a very pleasant experience, I would definitely recommend this to those who suffer from puffy eyes because this really does the trick and does exactly what it claims to do. Like I said before, I am milia-prone so a lot of eye products out in the market don’t always work for it. I’m very thankful that this did not give me any milia and I found it really lightweight where my skin could breathe.
- Packaging: 3/5 – Eh. It looks aesthetically pretty because of the frosted glass packaging give it’s that extra fancy appearance to it but I’m still questioning why they ended up choosing this sort of packaging because it’s just not sanitary by any means and it’s weird! How do you even get the product out from the bottom? shake it? hold it upside down?
- Overall: 4/5 – I like it! For some reason, I think I may repurchase it simply because I enjoyed the product however I do hope by then that they decide to change up the packaging to be more hygienic. Overall, I’m pretty pleased with the results it has given me. The skin under my eyes feels refreshed, plumped and as a matter of fact, I found it even brighter!
*Some links on this post are affiliate links. This means that I will earn a small commission if you purchase from these links.