[REVIEW] GLOSSIER CLOUD PAINTS
I’m sure everyone has heard of this brand at one point in their beauty journey. Glossier is known for its minimalist and natural makeup. Their skincare products never really intrigued me however their beauty products such as the wowder, balm dot coms and last but not least… their cloud paints! I only own 4 of them and I must say, I think I made some fantastic choices.
Glossier Cloud Paint
10 ml ~ $22 CAD or buy the duo set and save $8 ($32 CAD)
Get 10% off your purchase: Shop Glossier
The shades I own are:
Storm – red, brick plum shade ~ this my HG, it makes my cheeks look flushed and radiant. Be very careful with this one, I would apply thin layers of this because it’s extremely pigmented and can quickly give you that clown-like appearance. I think this shade would be best for fall-winter. Maybe even spring.
Haze – cool tone magenta ~ out of all of them, I find this one the most difficult to use. I have fair-light skin so I would have to apply really SMALL amounts of this at a time to blend into my skin. It’s really dark and I find this would be best on deeper skin tones.
Beam – light coral ~ I think it’s safe to say that this is my 3rd favourite and it’s definitely perfect for spring and summer.
Puff – cool tone baby pink ~ this is my 2nd favourite out of the 4 I own and it gives me that innocent, youthful appearance.
- Texture: 5/5 – It’s a unique gel-like consistency and spreads really nicely into the skin.
- Scent: 5/5 – No scent to it, which is fantastic because we all know fragrance is quite unnecessary in makeup and skincare products. They add no beneficial value or factor to the product.
- Price: 2/5 – There is a VERY small amount of product in these little tubes however you really only need a dot size amount on each cheek. It really depends on how you see this is. Personally, I find it a bit expensive for what it is. My canmake cheek and lip creams are $10 less than this and work just the same. In fact, I think they’re pretty close dupes to the cloud paints however the cloud paints have more unique and “natural” skin like blush tones.
- Performance: 5/5 – Long lasting, lasts throughout the day and does not disappear. Be very careful when applying this and do not press too hard on the tube to get too much product out. In addition, be sure to screw on the lid tightly after use because this stuff dries up real fast if you don’t.
- Packaging: 3/5 –Practical, easy to travel with. I’m not quite sure how difficult it is to get the product when you’re close to the end of the tube, but I’m sure it’s not different than any other tube-based packaging. I’m sure we all are familiar with how annoying it is to squeeze the remaining toothpaste out from the tube, hopefully, it won’t be that way.
- Overall: 4/5 – I love cloud paints, regardless of the fact that they are so pricey. I have worn mine every single day since I’ve gotten them (3 months ago) and I still have more than half the product left; goes to show you that never underestimate a product because it appears to be little or small.