Bioderma sent over some goodies for it to try out to review for you all! They were so generous and sent over another bottle of my all-time fave micellar water. I will be gradually sharing their products one by one. I’ve gone through bottles of this, multiple dupes to see if there was anything like this and I turned back to this. Here’s why!
The older packaging was just something you just poured out the product or while the newer, revamped packaging has a pump function.
HOW TO: Place the cotton pad on the top and it pumps out the product. I need about two full pumps to fill up my cotton and it does an amazing job breaking down waterproof eye makeup.
- Texture: 5/5 – Watery, lightweight. Leaves no watery or residue behind the skin. However, you should rinse it off anyway even if it says no rinse.
- Scent: 5/5 – No Scent what so ever! The sensibio line is marketed specifically for those who have sensitive skin.
- Price: 5/5 – One bottle lasts forever! I wear makeup 5-6 days a week and it takes about 3 months to finish ONE 500ml bottle.Performance: 5/5 – It’s super mild. Unlike some makeup removers, this has no residue, colour or harsh on the skin. My eyes are very sensitive so I have to be careful what I apply near it, I have no issues with this and it does not sting my eyes like some eye makeup removers do. It does not dry my skin and gently removes off stubborn eye makeup without ripping my lashes off. I promise you this is definitely worth the investment. It’s my HOLY GRAIL makeup remover. I wouldn’t use this alone and expect it to remove every inch of your makeup however, it is a good first step. Please follow up with a cleanser to ensure you cleaned off your makeup. My favourite cleanser is the Youth To The People Super Food Kale Cleanser.
- Packaging: 5/5 – It’s not messy, functions perfectly fine and dispenses out the perfect amount of product without wasting a ton. I prefer this packaging over the previous one simply because I dropped not one, I dropped TWO of my bottles with the older packaging and the cap/lid snapped right off. It wasn’t a pretty experience but luckily this cap is a lot bigger and doesn’t break off that easily.
- Overall: 5/5 – It’s a fantastic product, the price tag may be high for some but I promise you that it’s worth the investment. I would not buy any off-brand ones because they just don’t work! Yes, the Garnier ones were terrible; they did absolutely nothing for me. I’ve tried pretty much every form of makeup remover from cold creams, wipes, oil-based makeup remover and etc but most of them either irritated my skin, made it dry or I always go back to this product and they come in 2 different sizes. There’s a travel size one and that one comes in handy! You can find it at your local Rexall. Also, I wanted to include that just because a product claims that you don’t need to rinse after using it, I really do believe you should rinse it off anyway because it’s a cleansing product.