Gaston does it again with another cute product. This time they decided to create a cushion compact! The one thing I admire and enjoy about cushion compacts is although it may have makeup components to it, it also has skincare benefits such as brightening, anti-aging and even spf!
This cushion has this luxurious appearance to it because of the gold accents to it. The cat logo is iconic and is just adorable! I was one of the very first international influencers to collaborate with Gaston and I am grateful to be able to be working with them. The first debuted with their beautiful eye patches. Both clear and black eye patches were just fantastic. They contacted me to see if I would be interested in trying out their cushion compact. I chose the shade #21 because I’m #21 for other brands such as Missha, Hera and etc.
Available on: 31box
My Skin Type and concerns:
Combination | PIE | Congested | Dehydrated | (Occasionally) Sensitive
- Has SPF 50+ PA++++
- Provides Anti-aging and whitening properties
- Conceals and covers blemishes and creates the appearance of healthy and radiant skin
- There is a slight cooling sensation when first applied onto the skin
- Contains moisturizing essence and moisturizing oil to create that healthy skin appearance
- There is a pink beige undertone to this to help brighten the skin
- The ruby cell antibacterial puff is made in Japan and created the top-notch materials that are highly acid and alkali resistant.
- Red Ginseng Extract – helps with skin elasticity, moisturizing and protects the skin from UV damage
- Bamboo Sap Extract – antioxidant that can prevent and slow down the process of aging
- Royal Jelly Extract – this is one of the richest sources of vitamins, amino acids, and protein! Perfect for countering the signs of skin inflammation and promotes cell renewal.
- Centella Asiatica Extract – a plant-based ingredient that has multiple healing properties. The extract is rich with amino acids, fatty acids and etc that can help treat and prevent acne, calming down skin inflammation and promote collagen growth.
- Texture: 5/5 – The formula for this cushion is really nourishing, rich and dense. Some cushion formulas are really light in feeling and have not much colour pay off.
- Scent: 5/5 – There is a scent to this however, it’s not overpowering and quickly goes away.
- Performance: 5/5 – Although it’s a richer and thicker formula, it’s quite long-wearing. I had little to no touch-ups with this and it did not oxidize on my skin. I found it very comfortable to wear and it didn’t feel like “makeup on the skin”. It just felt like I put a really nice facial oil that happens to have coverage to it.
- Packaging: 5/5 – It’s super cute! I love GASTON’s logo because it’s fun and adorable. It looks luxurious in a way because of the gold packaging. I love the technology behind the cushion’s formula and rubycell puff.
- Overall: 5/5 – I’m very pleased with this product, I honestly had no expectations nor did I know what to expect because they’re a new company and I’ve only tried their eye patches. It’s incredible! This is probably going to be one of my top cushions picks simply because it works and has an amazing amount of coverage. I found this quite close to my all-time favourite moonshot balm cushion.
- Available on: 31box | My Precious Cosmetics