What do we have here? One of Klairs many cult favourites? I got this at a whim during the holiday season and finally cracked it open in late January. There was a lot of hype around this mask alone for its amazing key ingredients, how well it paired with the freshly juiced vitamin drop serum and also, for its smart texture. Let’s hop onto the review and see how it performed on my skin and how I liked it.
- This mask is able to brighten the skin while providing it with a pack of hydration along with moisturizing it.
- It also can improve and provide wrinkle-care along with with evening out skin texture
- Vitamin E – can prevent foreign substances from invading. It also possesses skin softening properties, soothes inflammation, and even shields skin against sun damage.
- Niacinamide – ideal for those with acne-prone and oily skin as it works to minimize sebum production for a more balanced complexion.
- Adenosine – this is a yeast-derived ingredient that has soothing properties and skin-restoring agents. It also has anti-wrinkle benefits due to its ability to energize the skin’s surface creating a youthful appearance.
- Centella Asiatica – a plant-based ingredient that has multiple healing properties. The extract is rich with amino acids, fatty acids and etc that can help treat and prevent acne, calming down skin inflammation and promote collagen growth.
*bold = nice ingredients, italics = to be aware of.
Ingredient List: Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carrageenan, Gellan Gum, Betaine, Algin, Mannan, Ceramide NP, PEG-60, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Arginine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Centella Asiatica Extract, Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Fruit Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Phragmites Communis Extract, Adenosine, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil
The first thing you will notice about the mask for its essential oils blend; it has lavender and citrusy scent to it. I personally originally really enjoyed the scent, however, as the months past by me, unfortunately, developed a sensitivity issue to essential oils. My skin became very compromised and was irritated with everything I used; it wasn’t specifically caused by this mask. The results this mask gave me were remarkable, it is quite unfortunate that I can no longer use it but nonetheless, it does exactly what it claims. I would like if they released an unscented version of this simply because of my sensitivity issues. Rest assured that none of this mask will go to waste and I will repurpose it as a body mask or neck mask. For those of you who not sensitive to scents or do not have sensitive skin, will likely love this mask. I really enjoy the gelatinous feel to the mask. As I mentioned earlier, this mask has a smart texture as in you can dig in the product and swirl it around and it will mold back into its original state, smooth and shiny. See the photos below for examples of how it molds back into its form.
TIP: When applying on this mask, scoop a small amount of product and put it on the back of your hand, massage and break down the product until it turns into a creamy texture then apply on face.
- Texture: 5/5 – This is probably the most brilliant and fun texture I have ever tried for skincare. It’s innovative and probably one of the very few products out there that offer this kind of feel. It scoops out as a gelatinous texture but as you massage it in your skin, it transforms into a cream-like texture. It does leave a sticky feel to the skin but I personally do not mind it simply because it’s a wash-off mask, it won’t be sticky on the skin for long periods of time.
- Scent: 2/5 – I have very mixed feelings about this. I personally enjoy the smell of essential oils, however, my skin’s sensitivity disagrees with essential oils. I would stay away from this mask if you have sensitive skin/sensitive to fragrance,
- Performance: 5/5 – It does what it claims, brightens and really leaves the skin feeling velvety soft. It’s so unfortunate that I can no longer use this on the face however, I will likely move forward using this as a neck mask. Remember friends, your neck and body need love too!
- Packaging: 5/5 – It’s perfectly fine. I know exactly what it is when I look at it, it’s not busy looking and straight forward. The packaging is simple but also travel-friendly.
- Overall: 3/5 – I liked it a lot when I was using it. -2 marks because of the essential oils in it and this wouldn’t be ideal for all skin types however, I do hope that Klairs will look into possibly creating an unscented version of this because I will purchase it in a heartbeat.
Disclaimer: I was given this product in exchange for an honest review. All views and thoughts of this product are my own. What may work for me, may not work for you so please keep that in mind. Some links on this post are affiliate links. This means that I will earn a small commission if you purchase from these links.