Laneige has been in the beauty industry for about 2 decades now and has been really upping their game for their latest releases. They’ve always had fantastic products such as their classic lip sleeping mask, which is a cult favourite of many and their original sleeping mask. When they came out with their cream skin refiner, I was not sure what to make of the product. There was a lot of mixed information I was getting off social media, some people were saying it was a toner, others were saying it’s an emulsion. The way how I saw this was a cross hybrid product between a toner to a moisturizer. Yes, they really did it – this is a liquid moisturizer. This product can be used for multiple ways, as a toner, moisturizer and a hydrating pack.
- This does not have any harsh ingredients that could potentially cause short term or long term irritation.
- Free of synthetic color dyes and fragrance
- This product combines the functions of toner and cream to promote long-lasting hydration with the patent technology “Cream Blending Technology”
- Formulated with White Leaf Tea Water with rich amino acid to soothe fatigued skin while fortifying skin barrier.
Meadowfoam Seed Oil: this is a plant derived ingredient and skin conditioning benefits. It naturally assists the skin to effectively form a barrier to lock in moisture while delivering nutrients to penetrate into your skin.
Green tea leaf extract(Camellia Sinensis leaf extract): contains powerful antioxidants that can protect the skin from damage caused by UV radiation and free radicals from the environment.
Vitamin E (tocopherol): is a powerful antioxidant that helps fight against free radical damage, promotes cell regrowth and heals the signs of aging by providing moisture and skin strengthening properties to protect barrier and moisture loss.
*bold = nice ingredients, italics = to be aware of.
WATER / AQUA / EAU, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, LIMNANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, POLYGLYCERYL-10 STEARATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE CITRATE, SODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, INULIN LAURYL CARBAMATE, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PROPANEDIOL, DISODIUM EDTA, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, TOCOPHEROL
My Skin Type and concerns:
Combination | PIE | Congested | Dehydrated | (Occasionally) Sensitive
I had no expectations for this product, I was more curious if whether it would be able to assist with my dehydration issues and because it was in a mist format, which is why I had nothing to expect from. The moment I applied this on my face and allowing it to “dry down”, it felt like I applied a moisturizer on my face. I was so shocked by how different and innovative this product compared to all the products I have tried in the past. This is nothing like anything I’ve tried and I’m so excited to see the long term benefits of using this for the long term. I do see myself repurchasing this over and over again because it really works with my skin.
I’ve heard a handful of people claim that this was their final step and “moisturizer” but for me, I still need a moisturizer as my final step because of my dehydration issues. Sure, this was fantastic alone but for night time skincare, I lean towards more of a rich, dense kind of cream to act as a protective layer to my skin. If I skip out on that step, I could potentially wake up to dry, parched skin. This is moisturizing alone but I like to take my precautions and go in with my actual moisturizer to ensure I do not have dry skin issues in the following morning.
- Texture: 5/5 – It appears to be a milky, watery fluid at first sight but once applied on the skin, it almost melts and emulsifies into a creamy consistency. Do be careful when applying too many layers of this, I remember I got so excited at one point and did several layers of this on my face and it got somewhat tacky. I personally am past the fear/dislike of “tacky/sticky” consistencies but I just wanted to put that out there in case you don’t like that feeling. One layer usually does the job for me but you can go ahead with a second or third layer if needed.
- Scent: 5/5 – No scent, this is a product that is sensitive skin type friendly 🙂
- Price: 5/5 – This is quite reasonable for what you are getting. Whether you decide to get the original cream skin refiner or the mist from – They’re both just as excellent. The original one, I like to use my hands to apply it on my face and sometimes cotton squares. I just do a DIY mask with them and leave it on for 20 mins then I have soft, glowy skin. If you don’t have time for a DIY mask, then just get the mist. one.
- Performance: 5/5 – This surpassed my expectations and I am blown away by what Laneige was able to create. I do look forward to any future releases of this or perhaps seeing them expand this line even more.
- Packaging: 5/5 – It’s simple yet beautiful, Laneige products have been known for their frosted glass/plastic packaging and it makes it look expensive.
- Overall: 5/5 – I believe this product would be enjoyed by many and will become the next cult favourite. This is definitely a product for all skin types and is sensitive skin-friendly.
When checking out on Yesstyle, use code DORKIE1 to save 5% on your first order and an additional 2% in future orders.
Disclaimer: I was given this product in exchange for an honest review. All views and thoughts of this product are my own. What may work for me, may not work for you so please keep that in mind.