I’m sure we’ve seen a large number of products made with fruit and vegetables based ingredients, they also made huge entrance into to the beauty industry in the past couple of years. SKINFOOD was probably the first well-known K-beauty brand to come up with products like this. I was always intrigued by the concept of these kinds of products; They have their peach, celery, black pomegranate, royal honey/propolis, and etc lines. The one product that really stood out to me as of recently was their avocado line. I love avocadoes, they taste delicious and I would assume there are packed in nutrients that can provide the skin fantastic benefits as well!
As many of you may know, I have been working with Life Code Boutique and on the very first collaboration, they were so generous to send me some products to try out and I had the opportunity to pick out some as well. This is one of the products I chose out to try and today I will be sharing with you all my experience with it.
SKINFOOD has been repackaging a lot of their products so if you noticed my bottle doesn’t look like yours, don’t be alarmed. They changed the appearance of their packaging just a tad bit.
- This contains 15% avocado extract, avocado oil and essential oils.
- It’s able to hydrate the skin while providing maximum nutrition and locking in the moisture to protect the skin.
- Provides a brighter, healthier complexion
All of these key ingredients are non-comedogenic (will not clog your pores).
Avocado oil is packed with fatty acids that are fantastic for providing skin moisture while being nourishing.
Olive oil is an incredible multi-use ingredient. It can be used as an eye, lip makeup remover, mask, facial oil and moisturizer. It has moisturizing, antibacterial and antioxidants.
Macadamia Seed Oil has anti-aging benefits and can deeply soothe and moisturize the skin. It’s also known for treating against skin irritation and inflammation.
Shea Butter is great for softening and repairing the skin. It can mimic the moisturizer in sebum. Thus, it convinces the skin into believing that it has enough sebum and helps slow down the process of the overproduction of sebum. It also can help out on skin discoloration by evening out the skin’s overall appearance.
*bold = nice ingredients, italics = to be aware of.
Water, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate, Arginine, Cetearyl Glucoside, Carbomer, 1,2-Hexanediol, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Xanthan Gum, Glucose, Fragrance
My Skin Type and concerns:
Combination | PIE | Congested | Dehydrated | (Occasionally) Sensitive
I had very little to no expectations for this product, for two factors – SKINFOOD makes very hit or miss products and also, at this price – I never expect much when it’s affordable because sometimes, you get what you pay for. Luckily, I did not have that issue with this and I think this is very well worth the money because there’s a lot of fantastic ingredients here that provide the skin healing, soothing, softening and moisturizing benefits. I would say the only questionable ingredient was the added fragrance in this. I personally prefer if my skincare did not have added fragrance in it whether essential oils or artificial but I’m not against it. If it’s there, it’s there – I’ll just deal with it. I was glad to see there was Cetearyl alcohol in this, it’s fantastic fatty alcohol that has amazing emollient properties to it. Behenyl Alcohol is also another fatty alcohol that provides the same properties as Cetearyl and is specifically used in skincare as a thickener. These are friendly alcohols and should not be feared of.
- Texture: 5/5 – rich, milky consistency – this is not thick but leans towards on the runny side of textures. As you massage it in your skin, it feels almost like an emulsion. I would say this is a good hybrid product between a toner and emulsion because it’s a unique consistency.
- Scent: 2/5 – Ok, the scent isn’t unbearable but it’s not my cup of tea. It smells like baby lotion, I kid you not. The scent does eventually go away but I cannot help but think this is baby lotion every time I smell it.
- Price: 5/5 – SKINFOOD is always reasonable with their prices. For something made with “premium” ingredients and is their fancier line, I would like to say it’s quite affordable and the ingredients are pretty awesome.
- Performance: 5/5 – Fantastic, works like a charm. It’s very moisturizing for what it is and I would say this is ideal for fall and winter. During the colder seasons, our skin usually needs thicker layers.
- Packaging: 4/5 – eh. It’s alright. The stopper does a good job controlling the amount of product coming out and limiting it from spilling everywhere but sometimes I have difficulty getting the product out. The label is this cheap watercolor-like paper and is likely to fall off if this product comes in contact with water. I’m not crazy about the packaging but I don’t hate it. The newer one looks much worse so I’m alright with this one.
- Overall: 4/5 – I think it’s an awesome toner! This would be excellent for those who have dry, normal, combination and for those who suffer with dehydration issues.
Available on: eBay | Life Code Boutique | Yesstyle |Jolse |
If you’re shopping on Life Code, please feel free to use code AMY15 to save % off your order and for Yesstyle, please free to use code DORKIE1 for % off your order.
Disclaimer: I was given this product in exchange for an honest review. All views and thoughts of this product are my own. What may work for me, may not work for you so please keep that in mind.
You must be logged in to post a comment.