Honey, anyone? Papa recipe has one of my favourite sheet masks and I thought it would be nice to try out their skincare products to see how well it will perform on my skin. If you have used the Klairs Vitamin E Mask before, this texture will somewhat remind you of that. The differences I would say between the two are, this one is a lot denser, richer gelatinous texture whereas the Klairs is a lot lighter. I got this product at a whim because I was curious about it for a long time but never wanted to splurge on it so I got it with a coupon. In case you were interested in where I purchased this, I purchased this on Goryeo’s Cosmetic website. I would highly recommend you to check them out, they offer a nice variety of skincare and beauty products for a reasonable price, customer service is excellent and shipping was quite fast.
- Enriched with organic propolis and honey extract, making it intensively hydrates, replenishes and nourishes the skin.
- It builds up a barrier against possible irritants for stronger, healthier skin, and also locks in moisture.
- Its pudding texture enhances the moisturizing effect without generating heaviness or stickiness.
- You can immediately see a healthy radiance and feels plump and silky smooth after application.
- Moisturizing, nourishing, reduce wrinkles and tighten pores, enhance skin elasticity, protecting the skin, and use as a sleeping mask.
Honey Extract has a lot of moisturizing and antibacterial properties.
Propolis Extract is known for its healing, antiseptic and restorative capabilities. Propolis can also heal and calm skin. It also promotes cell growth, decongests pores, protects against bacteria and functions as a great anti-inflammatory agent.
Urea is often used as a medicated topical cream and is applied to the skin to treat against dryness and itching symptoms ex: psoriasis, dermatitis, or ichthyosis.
Lactic acid is specifically used to treat hyperpigmentation, age spots, and other factors that contribute to a dull and uneven complexion.
Papaya Extract makes an effective, nonabrasive exfoliant. An enzyme in the fruit, papain, helps to remove impurities and slough away dead skin cells.
Hyaluronic Acid is a very well-known and popular ingredient that has some great qualities and benefits such as it can reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and also speed skin recovery. It also is fantastic for retaining moisture in the skin.
List of ingredients:
Water, glycereth-26, butylene glycol, peg-240/hdi copolymer bis-decyltetradeceth-20 ether, 1,2-hexanediol honey extract (10,000 ppm), phellinus linteus extract, caria papaya (papaya) fruit extract, propolis extract, hydrolyzed collagen, hydroxyethyl urea, polysorbate 80, arginine, ammonium lactate, usnea barbata (lichen) extract, urea, zanthoxylum piperitum fruit extract, carbomer, pulsatilla koreana extract, sodium hyaluronate, fragrance.
My Skin Type and concerns:
Combination | PIE | Congested | Dehydrated | (Occasionally) Sensitive
My thoughts & Ramblings:
There’s a really interesting blend of ingredients here, the ones that really stood out to me were honey extract, propolis extract, papaya extract, ammonium lactate (lactic acid) and urea. Honey & Propolis that heal the skin and are packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. We also have AHAs that help exfoliates, improve overall skin tone and resurface the skin such as Papaya and Lactic Acid.
When I first applied this on my skin, the gelatinous texture broke down into a comfortable, cool gel-cream texture and I could physically feel my skin feeling a lot more hydrated when using this cream. I also noticed from using this cream continuously for 2 and half weeks, my skin significantly looks a lot brighter and even out.
I enjoyed this cream, I’m not quite sure if I would repurchase it because I have a lot of products to go through and this isn’t something I would label as my holy grail because I can live without this. It is a nice addition to your skincare routine if you suffer from dehydration, dry skin issues that you really want to fix, this will definitely help out with that and you’ll notice your skin is a lot more hydrated and even brightened from using this.
How to use:
They instruct to use this after cleansing and toning, however, I have an extensive skincare routine because my skin needs it and as much as I love the concept of a 3 step skincare routine, I can’t do it. I use this after I apply my serums then I sleep with it on. You can use this a day moisturizer and also a sleeping mask.
When scooping out product from the container, take a pea size amount and apply on the back of your hand and massage the product until it transforms into a gel-cream texture, do not apply this directly to your face, you will find yourself dropping the product everywhere.
- Texture: 4/5 – It’s oddly satisfying to look at but for me, the application process can be tricky for some so be sure to apply to on your hand and break down the product prior to applying directly on the face. Please reference the photos/gif to have a better understanding of why the texture was a bit strange for me. It leaves a protective coat/film behind the skin when trying to rinse off. I found my skin feeling a lot softer and hydrated. My skin is dehydrated and even more dry during winter so I would often have dry patches if I’m using a moisturizer that is not compatible or not giving me enough moisture but I didn’t have any issues with this and my skin looked really nice every time I used it.
- Scent: 3/5 – I’m not crazy about honey scents because it smells “natural” and the smell does linger for a while before it goes away. I also do not like the fact they added fragrance because it’s so unnecessary and if I can have my skincare without any sort of fragrance, I would prefer that. Papa recipe, please consider making unscented products – it would be more ideal for “all skin types” because sensitive skin folks can use it too.
- Price: 3.5/5 – Kind of pricey for what it is however it does work and if you like papa recipe, honey-based products, you definitely should give this a try.
- Performance: 5/5 – Worked like a charm, my skin felt renewed, refreshed and a lot brighter which is always the goal for me. I love to brighten my skin and reduce the appearance of dullness.
- Packaging: 5/5 – It’s cute. It functions fine and I like how they included a spatula to scoop out the product. It may look like honey but don’t fooled, it’s just a moisturizer. 🙂
- Overall: 4/5 – Although it didn’t break me out and worked nicely – I like it but not enough for me to repurchase it because although texture may be important to some people, I just like a simple creamy moisturizer with no added fragrance to it. In case you’re interested in trying this, feel free to use code DORKIE1 when checking out on Yesstyle.