Good Morning, my friends! I hope you’re all having a fantastic 2020 so far. Laura from Lifestyle Magazine reached out to me and offered me a wonderful product set that Wishtrend has and it’s called the 2 Step Recovery Set. This set includes the freshly juiced vitamin drop serum and the midnight blue youth activating drops.
- EGF (sh-Oligopeptide-1) and bFGF (sh-Polypeptide-1)The body itself produced substances called EGF and bFGF. Both ingredients are key factors that keep the outer and inner parts of the skin firm and smooth and are crucial in the skin’s elasticity, gloss, and skin tone.
sh-Oligopeptide-1, sh-Polypeptide-1, Butylene Glycol, Vaccinium Angustifolium Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Chlorphenesin, Guaiazulene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Adenosine
I’ve been using this serum for about a month now and I see a significant difference in my overall skin texture and appearance. When using this serum, I noticed that my skin was a lot smoother to the touch and also my smile lines and the wrinkles on my under eye appeared less prominent. I’m in my mid-20s and although my lines are not easily noticeable, I do see them developing. I do recommend this for those who are in their early 20s because I think early prevention is key. I mean, why wait till it happens when you can take action now to protect your skin. I have a few scars from picking my pimples and I noticed they appeared a lot more light when using this.
- Texture: 4/5 – Is really runny and can be challenging to work with if you’re one of those people who like to apply product straight from the applicator to the face. Ideally, you should mix a couple of drops in your moisturizer then apply throughout the face. This is the easiest way of application.
- Scent: 5/5 – There is no scent to this, which is excellent for those who have sensitive skin.
- Price: 4/5 – This is kind of expensive, it retails for about 38 CAD for 20ml of product. I do however think it is worth it for the price because how gentle it was on my skin and I noticed a huge difference in my overall skin appearance and texture.
- Performance: 5/5 – It did exactly what I expected it to do and works amazingly with other products. One of my biggest fear of serums is that they are not compatible with my other skincare products. I personally found this worked wonderfully with my existing skincare routine.
- Packaging: 5/5 – Great. The dropper is fantastic and works nicely; it’s really easy to control dispensing out the desired amount of product.
- Overall: 5/5 – I like it! I’m going to repurchase this and I would recommend this to anyone whose looking for a mild and gentle anti-aging product.
- Energize + Rejuvenate Skin with highly concentrated, non-irritating and sustainable Vitamin C
- Excellent for all skin types
- Brightens complexion, hydrates, balances and refines skin
- Free of alcohol, parabens, and eco-friendly + cruelty-free
Water, Propylene Glycol, Ascorbic Acid(5%, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Centella Asiatica Extract, Citrus Junos Fruit Extract, Illicium Verum(Anise) Fruit Extract, Citrus Paradisi(Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Polysorbate 60, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Chaenomeles Sinensis Fruit Extract, Orange Oil Brazil, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Camellia Sinensis Callus Culture Extract, Larix Europaea Wood Extract, Chrysanthellum Indicum Extract, Rheum Palmatum Root Extract, Asarum Sieboldi Root Extract, Quercus Mongolia Leaf Extract, Persicaria Hydropiper Extract, Corydalis Turtschaninovii Root Extract, Coptis Chinensis Root Extract, Magnolia Obovata Bark Extract, Lysine HCL, Proline, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Acetyl Methionine, Theanine, Lecithin, Acetyl Glutamine, SH-Olgopeptide-1, SH-Olgopeptide-2, SH-Polypeptide-1, SH-Polypeptide-9, SH-Polypeptide-11, Bacillus/Soybean/Folic Acid Ferment Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol
This has to be one of the most effective Vitamin C products I have ever used and also really gentle on the skin, I personally did not experience any sensitivity from using this. Now that being said, the strange thing is the claim it’s for all skin types but I see a pesky Lavender oil right in the center of the ingredients list. As many of you may know, I’m not against artificial fragrance but I did, however, have some issues with essential oils. Essential oils have irritated my skin in the past so I like to precautions when using products with them. I’m actually quite surprised I didn’t have any irritation when using this because it’s so high up in the ingredients list. Most products I use have a very low dosage of it and usually appear near the bottom of the ingredients list. I cannot say I would recommend this for those who have extremely sensitive skin for both artificial and natural fragrances however I can say those of you who are not sensitive to fragrance and are looking for a fantastic brightening product, definitely check this out. I’ve used this 3 times in the past and I came back to this because I knew it would work for me and it still does!
- Texture: 5/5 – it has a lovely dry oil-like feel and can be applied directly onto the skin or mixed in with other products during application. If you’re scared of it being sensitizing/too strong for your skin, mix this in with a moisturizer to dilute the product then apply.
- Scent: 4/5 – Almost has no scent to it, it has a super faint scent but it quickly goes away. Minus 1 point for the 2 essential oils. Skincare doesn’t need to smell good, it just needs to work.
- Price: 5/5 – Pretty reasonable pricing if you ask me. One of these takes me about several months to finish and you don’t need a lot of the product.
- Performance: 5/5 – Works like a charm, I would recommend this to anyone who’s looking for a nice brightening product because this is really effective and gentle on the skin. You shouldn’t have any burning or warming feel when using this.
- Packaging: 5/5 – It’s straight forward, the packaging is attractive. The dropper works really nicely and I’m glad they chose a very stable Vitamin C. Initially, when I first tried this years ago, I was kind of nervous that it would oxidize because a lot of my Vitamin C products don’t last beyond 1-2 months. This actually lasts for a while, I personally didn’t see any oxidizing until 8-9 months down the road, which is fantastic. Even though this has stabilized Vitamin C in it, I still would suggest you store this in a cool, dark place to ensure the product does not oxidize.
Thank you Soak Lifestyle & Wishtrend for this wonderful collaboration and amazing set. I hope you guys give these products a try and please share with me how they worked for you.
Available on: Wishtrend
Use Code: 37F5B97C and get 10% off your purchase.