Tatcha is one of the most well-known Sephora brands and they’re famous for their luxury Japanese inspired skincare and beauty. I stumbled across this product early of last year and wasn’t initially fond of it but it definitely grew on to me as I was always looking for a new product to try out. Could this be the new big thing? Stay tuned to see what I have to say.
A tinted treatment that awakens eyes with a pearl-like luster, hydrates, and reduces the look of dark circles and wrinkles — instantly and over time.
This 2-in-1 makeup and treatment formula breaks upon application to deliver both refreshing moisture and natural coverage for a healthy, well-rested look all day.
- Awakens: Light-refracting pearl pigments work with Akoya Pearl extract in an active skincare treatment formula to restore radiance by helping to address the three causes of under eye darkness: thinning skin, blue undertones, and pigmentation. The Pearl works to address dark circles, fine lines, and wrinkles by helping minimize glycation and the appearance of hyperpigmentation. It is boosted by niacinamide, known to visibly brighten and firm.
- Smooths and Protects: Silk powder smooths the look of fine lines and imperfections, while a blend of botanical extracts protects from makeup and pollution that can cause signs of aging.
- Anti-Aging Hydration: Lightweight cream powered by Hadasei-3™, a proprietary trio of Japanese anti-aging superfoods, and hyaluronic acid, which nourishes and hydrates for a plump, refreshed appearance.
Full List Of Ingredients
AQUA/WATER/EAU, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DIPHENYLSILOXY PHENYL
TRIMETHICONE, DIGLYCERIN, GLYCERIN, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE,
SILK POWDER, HYDROLYZED SILK, SERICIN, HYDROLYZED CONCHIOLIN PROTEIN,
SACCHAROMYCES/CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF/CLADOSIPHON OKAMURANUS/RICE
FERMENT FILTRATE*, NIACINAMIDE, ROYAL JELLY EXTRACT, LONICERA
JAPONICA (HONEYSUCKLE) LEAF EXTRACT, ROSA CANINA FRUIT OIL, GERANIUM
ROBERTIANUM EXTRACT, CAESALPINIA SPINOSA FRUIT EXTRACT, PERSEA
GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) KERNEL OIL,
MACADAMIA TERNIFOLIA SEED OIL, KAPPAPHYCUS ALVAREZII EXTRACT, SODIUM
HYALURONATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, PROPANEDIOL, SODIUM CITRATE,
HYDROGEN DIMETHICONE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE,
DIPENTAERYTHRITYL TRI-POLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, DIMETHICONE/PHENYL
VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, DIMETHICONE/PEG-10/15
CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE,
ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, NATTO GUM, MICA, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE,
PHENOXYETHANOL, ALCOHOL. [+/- TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES
(CI 77491, 77492, 77499), SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE]
How to use:
The container looks like it’s a pop open kind of jar however you need to twist the lid for it to come off. With clean fingers and clean face, apply a small rice grain amount of product on each under eye and massage the product to breakdown on skin. Please be gentle with also massage it until you see the product breaking down evenly into almost like a lightweight paste then pat it on like an eye cream.
I really think this is a very revolutionary product because it’s an under-eye treatment that acts as a concealer that contains brightening and also hydrating benefits to provide the skin long-term and longlasting results. I personally found this so easy to use and the skin on my under eyes instantly looked brighter and smoother. I could actually get away with just using this and some powder for the day. I’ve tested this with makeup and how I prefer to use this is I would apply on my skin first then I go in with foundation to complete the look. I normally do foundation then concealer but because this is an under-eye treatment with hybrid concealer properties, I find it works best when applied directly onto fresh, clean skin.
Initially, I was not convinced by the marketing for this product and what it did but throughout time, I gradually became more intrigued by the concept of it. Christmas came around and I got a Sephora gift card as a gift so I decided to pick this up to try for myself. There was a lot of mixed reviews on this when it first came out, some people were saying it’s lifechanging and it truly brightened the skin under their under eyes significantly and some said it was cakey, crepey. From my experience from using this product, you only need a rice grain amount of on each eye then you must break down the product and blend evenly throughout the skin. I truly do believe some of the negative reviews are due to user errors on using the product because all you need is a rice grain amount for each side. Another part of me believes that those who struggled with dry, cakey issues from using this product are likely not moisturizing that region enough therefore whatever you apply on top of the dried region of skin, it will reflect that way as well.
The reason why I speak so highly of this product is that I watched a lot of demo and review videos to have a better understanding of what exactly this is and how to use it prior to purchasing it. It is a very expensive product so I want to know what exactly I’m doing prior to purchasing it. I wouldn’t speak highly on any product if I didn’t believe in it and this is very likely going to be a repurchase because it’s just fantastic and there’s so much product in it.
Before & After
- Texture: 5/5 – The consistency appears to be a lightweight cream with a skin tone pigment and as you massage it in your skin, you will notice that it’s breaking down the product and pigment so it spreads more easily into your skin. It also has this hydrating factor to it because of the Koya pearl extract in it.
- Scent: 5/5 – Doesn’t really smell like anything to me, maybe like a really, really faint floral scent.
- Price: 4/5 – Arguably this could very much be expensive for many people and to be quite frank with you, it was expensive at the first glance for me as well but when I used the product and understood what it did for my skin, I was so impressed and honestly, I think this is definitely an item worth splurging on because it’s such a delicate and effective formula, I’m absolutely blown away how it’s brightened and also smoothened the skin under my eyes.
- Performance: 5/5 – Amazing, this product definitely wowed me and I really like what they did with the formula and I found my skin looking so much brighter and smoother right after applying it on. It’s almost like silk! No concealer, no eye cream has looked this nice on my skin. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve tried a lot of products and liked them but this has such an incredibly finely and well-developed formula where it almost looks like your skin! It doesn’t look like you’re wearing makeup or have some concealer on.
- Packaging: 5/5 – It’s Tatcha, are you kidding me? They have the best looking packaging and very aesthetically pleasing.
- Overall: 5/5 – Love it, would buy more of it, would repurchase it the moment I finish this. I have no complaints with this products and hope to see more awesome products from Tatcha.
Available on: QVC |Tatcha | Sephora