It’s been a long while since I’ve done a makeup product review on my blog so here it is! This is the Holika Holika Limited Edition: Love Who You Are Eyeshadow Palette. Jolse kindly gifted me this a while back to review for you all. Because of COVID, I have not been wearing much or any makeup nor have I’ve been inspired to do any eyeshadow looks. I finally gave this palette a shot and used it during the holidays and this week so I’m ready to share with you how I feel about it.
I use to not gravitate towards K-Beauty eyeshadows because I found them too sheer for my liking but I’ve grown to really enjoy them for what they are, how natural and buildable they can be. I also find K-Beauty shimmer shadows waaaay better than western eyeshadows as they come in a nice variety of fine to bigger shimmers/glitters. This palette most certainly impressed me for it’s performance alone and with primer. It can pretty much last all day without primer and looks roughly the same from application time; very minimal creasing to no creasing without primer. There’s a good variety of transition shades that are matte and shimmers to play around with. Majority of the shimmer shades have that gorgeous multi-dimensional appearance to them. The camera does not go any justice for this palette and you need to see them in person to believe it for yourself. They’re sparkly but not in an obnoxious way and can be used as an everyday palette!
- Texture: 5/5 – Formula is dense and almost creamy to the touch, you can use brushes or your fingers. I personally find finger application best for shimmer shades as you can build it up and it has better even application when doing so.
- Price: 4/5 – It’s currently listed $24.79 USD | $31.63 USD on Jolse, which is somewhat expensive for an eyeshadow palette but the pans are MUCH better than most eyeshadow palettes around this price so you are getting your money’s worth when purchasing this. There’s also 13.5g of product in it so it will last you a while even if you use it as an “everyday palette”. I would prefer this over the Anastasia Beverly Hills Palette that everybody loves – I personally have grown out from loving their palettes and find their formula DRY.. it’s like a dry pigment even and I prefer more creamy, dense formulas such as this palette.
- Performance: 4/5 – I’m very impressed with the longevity of this palette as it survived through an 8 hour shift and I could skip primer if I wanted to with this one.
- Packaging: 5/5 – Super cute, iconic. Love the colours and it most certainly grabbed my attention.
- Overall: 4.5/5 – I’m pretty happy with this palette! I have no complaints about it and I see myself using it a lot during this coming fall because look at these colours! They’re gorgeous and so versatile for all year round.