Hi all, I know it’s been a long time coming since I’ve last been on here but I’m here now! It’s been a crazy little bit for me. So before I start sharing my routine, I wanted to give you guys an update and explanation where I’ve been. I recently moved out to my own home and for the past little bit, I’ve been just decorating my new home along with stocking up/taking the precautious measures against COVID-19. I’m currently working from home but will be returning back to work next week (varying in what our Prime Minister says, later on, this week.) I hope you all are doing well and practicing social distancing. As we will need to for the next couple of months to suppress and minimize the spread of COVID-19. Many people were affected during this time of crisis, lots have lost their jobs, family members affected by the spread and etc, I just want you all to know, I’m sending you all love & positive vibes. I want us all to practice kindness and be considerate of our surroundings.
Now for many of us, we are likely working from home/stay at home because schools are closed. Some may be enjoying this time off, some may be really bored but regardless, I hope you’re all staying at home and avoiding going anywhere you don’t need to be. I’m not going to lie since I was away from the office, it kind of threw me off from my existing day by day schedule and forced me to create a new one. I came from having a very well structured week to not having any structure at all but I’ve been gradually implementing good little things into my life so I can live a better life such as working out, eating less junk and focusing/prioritizing house chores.
Here are 10 things I implemented in my life that have made this quarantine period a lot more chill and nice for me.
- When stocking up for groceries, I like to buy 2 weeks of groceries in advance so that I’m not making a bunch of trips back and forth for small little things.
- Meal plan, before even thinking about going to the grocery store, has an idea of what you want to eat for the week and write down your grocery list. Don’t shop blindly and take your time. Act like you have a limited time at the grocery store and go in and get your supplies and out as soon as possible. We are in a pandemic here, friends – now is NOT the time to dilly dag and take our sweet time. The less time you spend at any public place, you will minimize your exposure to COVID-19.
- Sanitize everything and especially every time you return back from going out, sanitize your keys, wallet, credit cards and if you drive, your stirring wheel.
- WASH YOUR HANDS, I feel like I’m in kindergarten again whenever I say this. I’ve been practicing good hygiene since I was very young because I grew up around germaphobes such as my mom. I find myself unconciously and obsessively washing my hands everything I handle so I need to apply hand cream. The hand cream that is heavy duty and that works best for my dry hands is the bioderma atoderm ultra repair hand cream. This hand cream works like no other and no, I was not sponsored to share this and I genuinely enjoy their products and I will continuously support them.
- I love junk food and snacking but there comes to a time where things need to change. I did myself a favour and I stopped walking down in the snack aisle and I bought foods that would fill me up. If I felt snacky, I had vegetables I could grill, fry or bake myself. I’ve been avoiding anything frozen, packed because it’s not good for you and all that sodium is bound to affect your health whether now or later on in life. So I make my own comfort food and know exactly what I put in it. Take, or instance, I made myself some delicious Chiptole Lime Homefries and I also made a Pizza flavoured Homefries. They were way better than any packaged food I had.
- I never hated working out, I was either too lazy to do it or I was not in the right environment. Gyms are closed, anything public is closed so enough is enough – I made myself a mini-workout studio at my own home. There is a whack load of workout routines you can do at home without needing weights so no excuses! Just make sure you don’t go too hard or eat/drank before your workout because you could throw up and hurt yourself and you don’t want that. Learn from my mistakes.
- I stopped reading about COVID-19 articles and minimized the number of youtube videos I watched regarding this topic. Yes, we need to be aware of what’s going on the world but if it takes a toll in your overall mental space and you’re panicking about something you have limited/no control over, then don’t put yourself through that. Instead, practice social distancing, good hygiene and minimize the spread of COVID-19. Be kind to yourself and those that are around you. We all have family and loved ones we want to protect.
- EDUCATE YOURSELF BEFORE FEAR MONGERING + SPREADING HATE. There’s a lot of racism, hate crimes and ignorant individuals out there that have very limited education on COVID-19 and what it is. Because it’s a novel virus, medical professionals are working closely to formulate a super vaccine to fight this virus and stop it from spreading in the future. In addition, because this is a novel virus, many people are panicking and scared so they act out in hate. I just want to be very, very clear that this virus is not caused by Chinese/China. It surprises me to hear this behaviour and what people have said so far. If we dive in history a little bit, there were so many plagues, viruses long before this. This is nature, people. Things like this happen. The Black Plague, Spanish Flu, HIV, Ebola, SARS were WAY BIGGER issues that were rarely even spoken about today and the fact there are people opening their mouths and rambling about how a certain race or country originated this virus is sickening. I don’t tolerate garbage behaviour and those who are uneducated and speak poorly of any race, I don’t spare a minute of my time and neither should you!
- Find new hobbies and things to keep yourself occupied like painting, dancing, singing, anything you like! Step out from your comfort zone. It’s not like every day (before) where you can do these things in the comfort of your own home so do it now! Life is too short and we should keep ourselves occupied and uplifted.
- Practising generosity is crucial during a time like this. If you or you know someone who has a surplus supply of products and supplies, please offer it to anyone who in need of these sorts of things. I have elderly neighbours who go grocery shopping once a week and I’ve offered to help them, not only because they’re elderly and at a huge risk but because things get harder when you’re older. You don’t process things as fast, vision and hearing can be limited – so I get it, I really do. I personally find offering help to others gives me such a warming and comforting feeling.
I hope this helped you all and sending you all love and good vibes during this time! We can get past this, just be sure to practice social distancing.