I’m sure we’ve seen a large number of products made with fruit and vegetables based ingredients, they also made a huge entrance into the beauty industry in the past couple of years. SKINFOOD was probably the first well-known K-beauty brand to come up with products like this. I was always intrigued by the concept of these kinds of products; They have their peach, celery, black pomegranate, royal honey/propolis, and etc lines. The one product that really stood out to me as of recently was their avocado line. I absolutely love avocadoes, they taste delicious and they are packed in nutrients that can provide the skin fantastic benefits as well!
SKINFOOD has been repackaging a lot of their products so if you noticed my bottle doesn’t look like yours, don’t be alarmed. They changed the appearance of their packaging just a tad bit.
All of these key ingredients are non-comedogenic (will not clog your pores).
Avocado oil is packed with fatty acids that are fantastic for providing skin moisture while being nourishing.
Olive oil is an incredible multi-use ingredient. It can be used as an eye, lip makeup remover, mask, facial oil and moisturizer. It has moisturizing, antibacterial and antioxidants.
Macadamia Seed Oil has anti-aging benefits and can deeply soothe and moisturize the skin. It’s also known for treating against skin irritation and inflammation.
Shea Butter is great for softening and repairing the skin. It can mimic the moisturizer in sebum. Thus, it convinces the skin into believing that it has enough sebum and helps slow down the process of the overproduction of sebum. It also can help out on skin discoloration by evening out the skin’s overall appearance.
*bold = nice ingredients, italics = to be aware of.
Water, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Behenyl Alcohol, Glucose, Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Arginine, 1, 2-Hexanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance
My Skin Type and concerns:
Combination | PIE | Congested | Dehydrated | (Occasionally) Sensitive
I found this extremely moisturizing and nourishing, it does exactly what I imagined it to do. The only draw back I wanted to mention on here about this product is for those who are irritated or allergic to avocado, please do a patch test prior to application. Avocado Oil is generally fantastic for those who struggle with eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis and also, acne. I also didn’t like that they added fragrance to this but because it is the last ingredient for this product, I’m not exactly against it. If they went for an unscented option, I think this product would be enjoyed by many. In case you were wondering what this smells like, it has a baby lotion-like scent but it fades really fast upon application.
- Texture: 5/5 – Surprisingly enough, this is a thicker toner but it also runny so it’s a cross hybrid between a creamy, milky toner with a slight watery consistency to it. I like this toner for winter because it’s great alone and beautiful when layered with other products.
- Scent: 4/5 – It’s okay, I don’t mind the scent but it does have a baby lotion smell but nothing too strong and unbareable.
- Price: 5/5 – Okay, when I got this product – it was only $22 but Yesstyle is currently selling this for an outrageous price. I would suggest to check back when Yesstyle has inventory of this or another retailer because it shouldn’t be $50+. I personally would never spend $30+ on a toner because it’s a toner! Lots of affordable options available in the market. If you’re looking for another option, I would suggest the Laneige Cream Skin Refiner.
- Performance: 5/5 – Nice! I have zero complaints with this, my skin feels hydrated and moisturized. It’s a great option for the drier and colder seasons.
- Packaging: 3/5 – Could be better. The stopper is a bit hard to dispense out any product and you’ll find yourself shaking the crap out of this to get any product out. I just wish they added a pump or something rather than a stopper for this kind of product.
- Overall: 4/5 – I like it! Not sure if I would repurchase it but it’s worth a shot if you’re looking for a new toner to try out. This one would be great for those who have dehydrated/dry, normal and combo skin types. I don’t think oil folks would enjoy this one very much.