Nothing is more satisfying that receiving mail and opening packages with products inside you ordered or that is sent to you. I’ve seen this eye stick around for years before I’ve made the decision that I wanted to try it. Special thanks to Jolse for sending this over to me to review for you, friends! This review has been long over due but last year alone was SUPER hectic for me and even this year so now I’m catching up with reviews to share with you all!
The concept of this eye stick is to refresh and re-hydrate the skin under and around the eyes. Personally, I was never a huge fan of The Saem skincare products due to their high usage of fragrances and this product was no exception. I gave it a chance simply because of the adorable packaging and a lot of my skincare peers on Instagram featured this specific product on their routines so I wanted to give it a shot. I found this product poorly executed because it’s not hygienic to constantly reapply product that has previously touched your face from time over to time; I’m sure bacteria will eventually accumulate and grow in the product. I also did not understand why they used fragrance in this because fragrance can be very irritating to the skin and let alone having it anywhere near the eyes, that could possibly irritate the sensitive eye area and cause milia/irritation.
- Texture: 4/5 – Super smooth consistency and applies on skin at ease, it also gives a nice little cooling effect under the eyes. Those who do not have sensitive skin and sensitive skin around the eye area, may enjoy this product.
- Price: 5/5 – Price is amazing! Super affordable and is currently $8.76 USD on Jolse’s website.
- Performance: 1/5 – Didn’t do much for me and I wouldn’t use this in the long run. It’s just not something I would grab even if there were a pile of products in front of me.
- Packaging: 3/5 – Amazing for aesthetics! Super cute and iconic. However, the product packaging function and for long term use is not ideal – likely will harvest bacteria, dirt and oil if constantly reapplied on the face. Just not the greatest for function-wise.
- Overall: 2/5 – Would not repurchase, I can’t see this being practical for anyone’s skincare routine. Therefore, I cannot recommend it however, if you’re interested of trying this anyway, they do have a sale right now on their website and you can purchase it here.
I’m sure most of us are exhausted and hoping COVID restrictions are lifted so that we can enjoy our normal day lives. Til then, I hope you all take good care of yourselves and stay safe!