Who said thick creams are strictly for winter? I suffer from very dehydrated skin. Although I have combination skin, it’s still possible to have that issue. Cerave has been one of the most life-changing brands that I came across late last year. I was struggling with seasonal eczema and nothing I used worked for my skin except for their classic moisturizing cream, formulated with ceramides, fatty alcohols and hyaluronic acid. It wasn’t the most glamorous looking however, it did the job; better than any high-end product I’ve tried. One 500ml tub cost me around 15 CAD( I got this during a sale) but they normally range between 20~26, varying where you purchase it.
Cerave was kind enough to send over their renewing SA line. The first product I will be sharing with you is their cream. This is specifically to help prevent and reduce the appearance of recurrence of dry, itchy and inflamed skin. Sounds like the dream, huh? It doesn’t matter what time of the year it is, my body is forever dry and quite flakey.
340g ~ price may vary where you purchase it. See links below.
- With ceramides 1, 3 and 6-II
- Salicylic acid softens and smoothes skin
- Lactic acid exfoliates
- Fragrance-free, hypoallergenic
- Gentle, non-irritating formula
Purified Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Ammonium Lactate, Salicylic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Niacinamide, PEG-100 Stearate, Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3 in Corn Oil), Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Cholesterol, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Edetate Disodium, Propylparaben, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.
Initially, I was worried that this cream was going to be too thick for me. I wanted something a bit more lightweight however I had a couple moments where my skin’s barrier was compromised; it felt so rough and parched so I turned to this to see if it could help and it really did. With continuous usage for over 2 months, I saw a significant difference in my skin’s overall health and appearance. You can see how much more glowy it is, plump and hydrated. I would recommend this to those who suffer from dehydration, irritated and textured skin.
- Texture: 5/5 – This is ONE thick cream, folks. If you’re not a fan of thick creams, stray away but I personally have grown to love thick creams all year round.
- Scent: 3/5 – There is a faint medicinal scent to it but it goes away after a few minutes so don’t worry about it lingering.
- Performance: 5/5 – Works like a charm. Cerave has never failed me and I will continue to support and purchase their beautiful products.
- Packaging: 4/5 – Practical and functions perfectly fine. Although I do prefer it being in a tube form for hygiene reasons, I don’t like digging my fingers in products so I have to use a spatula every time to scoop out the product.
- Overall: 4/5 – Fantastic find and product. I think Cerave deserves more love especially for a drugstore brand that is reasonably priced. Who said you need to invest big bucks in skincare? You’d be surprised what you can find at the drugstore and what it can offer for your skin’s needs.
Disclaimer: I was given this product in exchange for an honest review. All views and thoughts of this product are my own. What may work for me, may not work for you so please keep that in mind. Some links on this post are affiliate links. This means that I will earn a small commission if you purchase from these links.