Hello, hello dear friends! I’m finally back on here and wanted to share a product I have been using a lot lately and has been part of my evening routines for these couples of weeks now.
Introducing… the PHYKOLOGY Bright Tomorrow Guardian Cream, this cream is specifically formulated to strengthen and hydrate skin moisture barrier. Winter in Canada has been a brutal time for me and I can honestly rely on a cream with ceramides in it. This cream naturally enhances the skin’s strength and defends the skin to stay moisturized, soft and remain plump throughout the day. As you can see, this cream is on the thicker side for creams and I absolutely love that for winter. I can’t get away with a simple gel based cream because winter here, is extremely dry. Temperatures drop low as -45 degrees Celsius here. The moment I get home, my skin feels numb and all the moisture has been zapped out. I find this cream is able to quickly restore my skin’s texture and feel when I use it.
PHYKOLOGY Bright Tomorrow Guardian Cream
50ml ~ $33.37 USD / $43.72 CDN
| Phykology Facebook | Phykology Instagram| PHYKOLOGY Official Website|
Check out the ingredients below:
The star ingredients that I liked from this product:
Undaria Pinnatifida Extract – This is the very first ingredient of the list and I always appreciate brands that don’t use water as a filler ingredient. This ingredient is a brown algae potent with antioxidants, provides the cream and formulation a thick+dense texture and provides skin hydration.
Centella Asiatica Extract – is a plant-based ingredient that has multiple healing properties. The extract is rich with amino acids, fatty acids and etc that can help treat and prevent acne, calming down skin inflammation and promote collagen growth.
Beta-Glucan – is a polysaccharide sugar derived from yeasts/oats. It has skin soothing and some antioxidant properties that are fantastic to improve the skin’s appearance by reducing redness and any signs of inflammation.
Ceramide NP – Ceramide are lipids that assist and protect skin barrier by retaining skin moisture and they protect the skin from any environmental irritants. They can also improve the look and feel of dry skin instantaneously.
* PHYKOLOGY is also vegan.
You can see how dry my hand is and the texture of this cream is dense enough to restore and repair my skin’s lost moisture. I only need about a pea size amount of this cream on my face and it usually does the trick. I always go in with my skincare steps prior to apply the cream and I seal everything in with a facial oil of my choice. The facial oil I have been using a lot lately is the Teami Blends Soothe Facial Oil. It’s formulated with Blue Tansy (anti-inflammatory) , Lavender (purifies) and White Sage Leaf (wrinkle prevention and reduction). If you’re interested in purchasing it, please feel free to use my discount code: DORK15 and get 15% off your purchase!
TIP: dispense a pea size amount of the cream and with clean hands, massage the product to breakdown the thick consistency into a creamy, smooth texture. This allows easier application rather than applying the cream directly onto the face and massaging it. The warmth from your hands will make a huge difference in the product’s texture.
I’m impressed with PHYKOLOGY as an overall brand choosing to be one of the very few k-beauty vegan brands and they are focused in creating quality products. Their minimalist packaging is absolutely gorgeous and very travel friendly! You can purchase this cream here: Bright Tomorrow Guardian Cream
- Texture: 5/5 – Dense, creamy and spreads wonderfully on the face. It does not dry down sticky or tacky on the face. Comfortable to have on and perfect for cold weather conditions because it’s able to recover your skin within a short period of time.
- Scent: 5/5 – No detectable scent, perfect for those who are sensitive to scents.
- Price: 3/5 – It is a bit on the pricier side but varying in your budget, I would reccomend this to those who would like to try out new products and need an excellent winter cream. Also, do keep in mind this is a vegan product.
- Performance: 5/5 – Fantastic, I have no complaints here. It works exactly how it claims. My moisture barrier has been slightly damaged from the terrible weather conditions here in Canada and I know I can rely on this cream to save my skin overnight. I would apply this right after my hydrating serums and ampoules for the best results!
- Packaging: 4/5 – The standard aluminum tube that looks similar to medical topical creams/gels packaging. Aluminum tubes are easy to dispense product out, look and feel nice! This is small enough to travel with and you don’t need that much to cover your entire face.
- Overall: 4/5 – I did enjoy this cream and had no negative reactions/skin irritation from using it. I will continue to use this cream.
This product was kindly gifted to me in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts are my own. I am pleased with this product and I look forward to share with you further ways how I like to use it in my routine. Be sure to stay tuned for my instagram story posts and feed posts. I always post daily :)!
Have yourself a fantastic day!
You must be logged in to post a comment.