Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and I do not intend to offend anyone. These are my thoughts on things that need to be changed. You’re more than welcome to disagree with me and exit/read another blog post.
- Fake/non-passionate Creators – I said it, I’m sure many of you creators and non-creators know exactly what I’m talking about. This needs to really change in the beauty community, both youtube and Instagram. There has been an uprising of new accounts that are obviously here for the wrong reasons whether it’s for PR, recognition and etc. You can tell them apart from a genuine creator because they’re just NOT excited to create content and they’re constantly complaining how difficult it is to be a creator. When you’re truly passionate about something, you don’t complain about it. You enjoy it and continue to work hard. These “fake” creators ruin opportunities and take up campaign slots for those who genuinely want to work with the brands therefore they take up unnecessary room in the community. Also, creators working with brands, please do not be afraid to voice your opinions. Your opinions help the brand improve its products and quality and if they cannot accept that, that’s not on you. It’s on them.
- Tin-man highlight – Yep, I was one of those and to be quite frank with you – it was fun while it lasted. I really appreciate a glow but not like a striped shade of metallic on my cheek. I also am not a fan of nose highlight because it looks super obvious and you can fully see that there’s product there.
- Mystery Boxes– Whether it’s beauty, misc products – these boxes are usually made up of products that brand cannot sell and they put it together saying it’s an x amount of dollars to hype it and make it appear worth getting. These are a complete gimmick and people are better off having a choice on what they get. Next.
- Drama – It’s 2020, people. I know it’s hard to avoid and it’s pretty much everywhere whether it’s online or in real life. Let’s try to keep things civil and chill, it’s not worth getting all worked up over rumours and having sleepless nights trying to think of the most epic, brutal comebacks. The calmer your life is, the happier it will be. I promise you this because I pretty much live this life.
- Overpriced makeup/skincare – I’m sure some of us love luxury and I do too but Sephora is one of the biggest companies that are known to mark up prices. LANEIGE is a good example because you can find a lot of their products online whether – eBay, YesStyle, amazon, Jolse for a fraction of the price. Please shop smart and do your research prior to buying from anywhere because you can probably score a better deal and save a whack load of money. Check out my blog posts on how to save money | how to shop online
Thanks for dropping by, stay tuned for upcoming blog posts and more product reviews. Wishing you all a wonderful start to your 2020. Have a wonderful weekend, my loves!