Purito has been one of my most favourite and well-respected brands because they were one of the first brands I worked with and they are a very considerate bunch of individuals that create products from their fans’ suggestions. They’re welcome feedback of all sorts and they’ve expanded their range of products tremendously these past 2 years. I was very intrigued when I heard they released their very first unscented sunscreen and because I enjoyed the original Centella sunscreen, I knew I had to give this a try to see if there were any differences.
This sunscreen is fragrance-free and formulated with cica extracts that can moisturize the skin while providing effective protection from harmful UVA and UVB rays. It’s formulated with EWG-verified ingredients and free of parabens, mineral oils, ensuring a non-irritant formula that is safe for sensitive skin.
Niacinamide is ideal for those with acne-prone and oily skin as it works to minimize sebum production for a more balanced complexion.
Centella Asiatica is a plant-based ingredient that has multiple healing properties. The extract is rich with amino acids, fatty acids and etc that can help treat and prevent acne, calming down skin inflammation and promote collagen growth.
Adenosine is a yeast-derived ingredient that has soothing properties and skin-restoring agents. It also has anti-wrinkle benefits due to its ability to energize the skin’s surface creating a youthful appearance.
Hyaluronic Acid is a very well-known and popular ingredient that has some great qualities and benefits such as it can reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and also speed skin recovery. It also is fantastic for retaining moisture in the skin.
Tocopherol (Vitamin E) can prevent foreign substances from invading. It also possesses skin softening properties, soothes inflammation, and even shields skin against sun damage.
*bold = nice ingredients, italics = to be aware of.
My Skin Type and concerns:
Combination | PIE | Congested | Dehydrated | (Occasionally) Sensitive
My thoughts & Ramblings
The first thing I look at before I even use a product is the ingredient list, as you can see here there are a lot of fantastic ingredients in bold and whatever I did not bold, I’m not sure of. I’m not a scientist, folks; just a blogger who does reviews and has some knowledge of ingredients. There is a fantastic blend of ingredients that treat skin concerns from treating dullness, soothing, fatty alcohols, hydrating and moisture-retaining. I absolutely love how this sunscreen feels on the skin, it’s not sticky, there’s no residue or pilling when I use this and it kind of dries into a velvet-matte finish so you won’t have that “grease ball” look that some sunscreens give.
Sunscreen has been around for many years but I started noticing that they started to become more “popular” for the past 2 years or so. I’m sure all of us know how important it is to use our SPF so I won’t get into that, you’re more than welcome to look up articles on it. I didn’t start taking sunscreen serious and started to wear it until I was about 22~23 years old. I noticed my skin started to reveal a lot of age spots so that was a rude awakening for me to turn my life around.
- Texture: 5/5 – I found the consistency and texture for this sunscreen super lightweight and comfortable to wear. The texture reminds me of a water-based moisturizer, it applies beautifully on the skin and wears nicely with makeup. It does not alter the appearance of makeup. Anyone who is afraid of thick textured sunscreens would love this because it’s so lightweight and it feels like a thin layer of moisturizer on the face. There’s no tacky or stickiness to it either so it’s fantastic!
- Scent: 5/5 – There is absolutely no scent to this. All skin types would enjoy this, including sensitive skin types who are sensitive to fragrance.
- Price: 5/5 – I purchased this product myself and it’s worth every penny. I have another backup coming my way and I will continuously use this SPF because it’s my HG. I cannot live without it. I got mine for 18 CAD on eBay but I know YesStyle and other places will have it as well.
- Performance: 5/5 – Amazing, I cannot speak more highly about this. It’s probably one of the first SPF products that do not irritate my skin nor does it make my skin dry and itchy after removing it.
- Packaging: 5/5 – Purito isn’t into extra packaging and makes it simple. I find their products are easily identifiable and quite easy to find their products online.
- Overall: 5/5 – Bravo, Purito! You scored 100% for this sunscreen, there’s absolutely nothing I dislike about this and the fact I’m buying backups of it, says a lot. The price, texture, and wear is right – I think everyone needs to give this a shot. Stop spending 40-50 dollars for sunscreen and start with this one. I promise you, it’s just as good or if not, even better than the ones you’re using right now.
Available on: Yesstyle
Use code DORKIE1 at checkout to save on your purchase
Disclaimer: I was given this product in exchange for an honest review. All views and thoughts of this product are my own. What may work for me, may not work for you so please keep that in mind.