Behold, the long-awaited review because I clearly take forever to clear out products but here it is. I’ve been using this cleanser for about 2 months now and the cleanser I have right by my shower which explains why you never really see it on my Instagram feed. I finally have remembered to set it aside by my desk to share a review with you all and my experience with this cleanser.
B.LIV MILK JOY CLEANSER
5.3 fl. oz. / 150 ml | MADE IN TAIWAN – $13
Available: B.liv Official Website
- Cleanses the skin while being moisturizing at the same time
- It has a creamy consistency and non-greasy texture with a slight milky fragrance; it provides a comforting feeling after cleansing and maintains a healthy skin moisture level.
- Mild yet effective cleanser to remove all impurities and protect skin against pollutants without irritation.
- Light and hydrating formulation to cleanse skin gently without stripping the skin’s natural oils or cause a tightening sensation.
aloe barbadensis leaf extract is one of the most well-known, popular ingredients in skincare that treats damaged, wounded, irritated and sensitive skin. It contains anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, humectant and soothing properties that can prevent the skin from further irritation.
glycine soja seed extract is a soybean seed extract that is rich in protein, minerals and vitamin e. It also can reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and damaging effects of uvb rays on skin cells. It also acts as an effective moisturizer that can protect and shields the skin from excessive dryness.
chondrus crispus (carrageenan) is loaded with vitamin e and humectants that draw in moisture from the environment to boost skin’s hydration level. It can also protect against uv rays and helps treat inflamed tissues. The natural minerals namely, omega, zinc and magnesium, create a barrier to protect skin from harsh weather while helping to heal acne, rosacea and sensitive skin problems.
chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract can relieve inflamed skin conditions and calms sensitized skin. It also provides antioxidant protection – aids in soothing, moisturizing and inhibits the growth of bacteria while improves the appearance of dehydrated or damaged skin by restoring suppleness and lessen flaking.
*bold = nice ingredients, italics = to be aware of.
aqua (water), lauramidopropyl betaine, tea-lauroyl glutamate, glycerin, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, butylene glycol, glycine soja seed extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, chondruscrispus (carrageenan), glycol distearate, peg-7 glyceryl cocoate, sodium carbomer, hydroxyethylcellulose, polyquaternium-10, citric acid, phenoxyethanol, fragrance.
My Skin Type and concerns:
Combination | PIE | Congested | Dehydrated | (Occasionally) Sensitive
I must say, I was quite skeptical of this cleanser at first not because how it appeared but more rather if whether it was stripping. As you can see, the ingredients list is surprisingly not too lengthy and has a lot of fantastic ingredients that are both hydrating and moisturizing. The first thing I noticed when I tried this cleanser was how it smelled, it smells like a sweet milky dessert, nothing overpowering or bad. In fact, it smells quite delicious. My skin can be quite sensitive and reactive to things I use but I found myself not having any issues when using this. Although there is a fragrance in it, it isn’t potent and as you can see, it’s at the very bottom of the list. I personally am not bothered by that. It also lathers quite well and does not leave my skin feeling tight and gross after using it so I do appreciate that it is accurate with its claims. If you flip the bottle around, you will notice a 14-day money-back guarantee offer if you are unpleased with the product. All you need to do is present the product with the receipt and leftover product. I really appreciate how confident they present themselves and how understanding their company is for honouring this for their shoppers.
- Texture: 5/5 – This has a milky, creamy gel texture to it lathers into a soft foam. I find it really pleasant.
- Scent: 5/5 – This smells delicious, I honestly thought I had a piece of dessert nearby when I opened the bottom up. If you like milky dessert scents, definitely check this gem out. However, if you are sensitive to scents, I would avoid this just because there is a bit of fragrance in it.
- Price: 5/5 – This is very reasonable and affordable. I really think this is budget-friendly and for the amount of product you get for this? It’s a great bargain.
- Performance: 4/5 – Did the job, I wouldn’t say it clears up makeup and debris but I find it’s a gentle and mild enough to be used as an AM kind of cleanser.
- Packaging: 5/5 – It’s cute! Aesthetically pleasing, in a squeeze tube and has a smooth feel to the bottle. I think it’s a really nice looking cleanser!
- Overall: 4.5/5 – This cleanser is exceptional for those who want a simple cleanser and for those who have normal, combination, oily skin.
Disclaimer: I was given this product in exchange for an honest review. All views and thoughts of this product are my own. What may work for me, may not work for you so please keep that in mind. Some links on this post are affiliate links. This means that I will earn a small commission if you purchase from these links.
You must be logged in to post a comment.