Centella Asiatica/Cica is taking the whole skincare industry and community by storm because it’s pretty much everywhere now. Whether it’s from abroad or even western beauty. I just bought a l’oreal revitalift cica and retinol cream recently at the drugstore. Iunik has been in the skincare game for about 2 years now and they’ve grown and expanded a lot from they first started as. They’re still one of my favourite brands to use in my skincare regimine because of their affordability and how excellent their products work for my skin. Alright, let’s dive into the review on this cica gel cream.
- iUNIK Centella Calming Gel Cream is a refreshing and moisturizing oil-free cream that makes the skin clearer and more vibrant.
- Enriched with Centella Asiatica Leaf Water 70% and Tea tree Leaf Water 10%, gently lowers skin temperature, effectively soothes and calms sensitive skin with blemishes.
- Lightweight gel texture containing 6 kinds of sprout extracts fully moisturizes the skin and helps relieve skin stress, creating clear, refreshed skin in a good condition.
- Whitening & Wrinkle Care Double Functional Cosmetics
- 6 patented sprout extracts
- Quick absorbing and acts as an amazing perfect makeup base
Centella Asiatica is a plant-based ingredient that has multiple healing properties. The extract is rich with amino acids, fatty acids and etc that can help treat and prevent acne, calming down skin inflammation and promote collagen growth.
Niacinamide is ideal for those with acne-prone and oily skin as it works to minimize sebum production for a more balanced complexion.
Adenosine is a yeast-derived ingredient that has soothing properties and skin-restoring agents. It also has anti-wrinkle benefits due to its ability to energize the skin’s surface creating a youthful appearance.
Hyaluronic Acid is a very well-known and popular ingredient that has some great qualities and benefits such as it can reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and also speed skin recovery. It also is fantastic for retaining moisture in the skin.
Centella Asiatica Leaf Water, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Water, Butylene Glycol, Water, Niacinamide, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Arginine, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, C12-14 Pareth-12, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Extract, Brassica Oleracea Capitata (Cabbage) Leaf Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Brassica Napus (Canola) Extract, Raphanus Sativus (Radish) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Extract, Adenosine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Pentylene Glycol, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract
My Skin Type and concerns:
Combination | PIE | Congested | Dehydrated | (Occasionally) Sensitive
How to use: After using toner, apply a moderate amount to face and gently pat until fully absorbed.
There are a lot of beautiful ingredients in this product that are packed with skin relieving properties. I would be curious to know if whether they decide to release a cream version of this because I think it would be amazing for those who have dry, dehydrated skin. This gel-cream is more ideal for those who have combination, oily skin and for those who live in hot climates. I don’t think this would be enough for anyone who suffers from dehydration issues, however, that being said, it is a great gel-cream used as a topical treatment because it does instantaneously relieve the skin from further inflammation and redness does gradually go away after application.
The one thing that really throws me off about this cream is the essential oils. I have developed a sensitivity towards essential oils so I would prefer to stray away from them as much as possible if I could. I personally did not experience any adverse effects when using this product however, I would rather be safe than sorry with my skin.
Be aware that there is also dimethicone in this product and some people are sensitive towards that. I found this gel-cream not effective as a makeup base simply because it pills on the skin and it even pills when you apply sunscreen on top.
- Texture: 4/5 – Comfortable, lightweight gel formula however I just did not like it as a makeup base. As a skincare product, it performed fine.
- Scent: 4/5 – I personally did not smell anything, maybe a super faint citrus scent from the bergamot oil but I would prefer to stray away from essential oils because they’re quite sensitizing.
- Price: 5/5 – IUNIK products are always affordable and they have a nice range of choices to choose from so that is always nice.
- Performance: 4/5 – It worked fine but I cannot say if I would repurchase this. It’s definitely a product I would use specifically for the hotter season but definitely not all year round.
- Packaging: 3/5 – I like that it’s in a squeeze tube for hygienic reasons but I also do not like how difficult it is to squeeze product near the end. I’m only halfway through my bottle but it’s like pulling out teeth to get out just some product.
- Overall: 3/5 – Not for me but I know a lot of oily skin folks would really enjoy this gel cream and would appreciate it for it’s fantastic soothing and cooling effects. If you’re interested in trying this out, here are the following links to purchase them on.
Use code DORKIE1 at checkout to save on Yesstyle your purchase